About 12 years ago, I was out shopping and ran across a little pizza restaurant that was tucked away in a large plaza. I stopped in, read over the menu, and decided to try their Italian baked wings. I had never had baked wings before, but I saw another customer order them and they looked delicious. When they arrived at the table they smelled amazing. The color on them was a nice golden brown and I could see they were loaded with tons of herbs and spices. I took one bite and was hooked and would visit the place whenever I was on that side of town.
Eventually we moved to another state, so I could no longer get those particular wings. I decided to try and recreate the recipe myself and I’ll be dog-gone, but the version that I created was even better than the ones at the restaurant! Now baked wings are just about the only kind that I make whether they are hot, jerk, glazed, etc. etc. The problem is that I have so many recipes that sometimes it takes a while for me to circle back around to my old favorites. However, today I wanted something easy, savory, and delicious and I immediately thought about these wings. So here it is, my recipe for Baked Parmesan & Garlic Wings. Enjoy.
***Click here to check out the video tutorial for this recipe!***
Baked Parmesan & Garlic Wings
5 lbs of fresh chicken wings
2 ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
2 ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere’s Seasoned Salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter (you can also use olive oil)
2 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced (use more or less depending on taste)
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
Ranch dressing for serving
- Preheat oven to 425F. In a small bowl, mix together the Italian seasoning, rosemary, seasoned salt, cumin, onion powder, and black pepper. Lay the chicken wings on a baking sheet and season the chicken wings with this mixture.
- Bake the chicken wings for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, mix together the butter, dried parsley flakes, dried or fresh basil, garlic, and parmesan cheese.
- When the chicken is cooked through, toss the wings with the garlic/cheese butter (or olive oil) sauce.
- Serve with the ranch dressing