My mother taught me how to make cornbread muffins when I was eight years old. It was one of my favorite things to eat with our Sunday dinner. Mom would always add sugar to her cornbread to give it a bit of sweetness that was just delicious. It was so good, it was almost like having dessert.
I have made this cornbread at least 100 times over the years. I have tweaked it a bit and now I think it’s just perfect! My hubby likes it so much that when I first made it for him, he requested that I make it every night. I said “no” of course, but I still make it for him several time a year! This cornbread goes well with chili, soups, or just about anything! I hope you and your family and friends love this recipe as much as we do.
Don’t forget to checkout the video tutorial of this recipe here our YouTube channel!
Sweet Honey Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup turbinado or raw sugar
- 1 cup milk (I use skim milk but you can use whole)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 stick of unsalted, melted butter
- 1/4 cup pure honey
- 12 cup muffin tin (like this one)
- 12 foil-lined paper muffin or cupcake cups
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar) in a large bowl
- Mix wet ingredients (milk, eggs, butter, honey) in a separate bowl
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined (do not over mix)
- Place the muffin paper into the muffin tin. Evenly distribute the cornbread mixture into the 12 muffin papers.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown