This recipe really reminds me of a dish I get when I travel to the Caribbean. The flavors are so bright and it’s a great meal if you want something filling, but not heavy. Chili Lime Grilled Chicken is super easy to make and can be prepared outdoors on the grill or in the kitchen on the stove. I also use this chicken recipe for chicken tacos! The tropical Pineapple Peach Salsa tastes great on almost anything. Serve it with grilled fish tacos, on top of chicken, just let your imagination run wild!
One average size lime will yield approximately 2-3 tablespoons of juice. If you opt to go the pre-squeezed, store-bought route make sure that you get a quality bottle of lime juice and preferably one that is organic.
Click the link below and watch me make this recipe from beginning to end!
Chili Lime Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Peach Salsa
Marinade and Chicken
¾ cup fresh lime juice
Zest of one lime
1 tbs. Honey
2 tbs. Olive oil
1 tsp. Chili powder
1 tsp. Garlic powder
1 tsp. Onion powder
½ tsp. Cumin
¾ tsp. Seasoning salt
½ tsp. Black pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- Pound your chicken out to make sure that it is even
- Make Marinade: Combine lime juice, zest, honey, olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, seasoning salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add chicken to marinade. Marinate for 15 minutes while the grill heats up. You can marinate the chicken for up to 30 minutes for best results. If you leave in the marinade too long, the lime juice will actually start to “cook” the chicken and break down the protein to a point where the meat gets stringy and mushy.
- Preheat your outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grates.
- Grill the chicken for 4-6 minutes per side until juices run clear.
Garnish with fresh lime and mint.
Pineapple Peach Salsa
1 c. fresh pineapple diced
1 large, ripe peach, pit removed, skinned, and diced (yields about 1 cup)
1/2 c. red bell pepper
2 tbsp. chopped fresh mint
½ large jalapeño, seeds removed and diced (Start with less if you want less heat, use more if you want to really kick it up. Always taste!)
⅓ cup diced red onion
Lime juice to taste (Start with ½ tsp., taste, then add more if desired.)
1 tbsp. honey
1. Combine all salsa ingredients.
Serve on top of chicken or fish.